4BR Victorian House near Downtown| WFH friendly
About this listing
Welcome to The Heartland lll, an updated upper apartment in a Victorian home in Bloomington, Illinois!
• 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath upper story apartment
• Sleeps up to 10 adults & children
• Located near downtown Bloomington
• Close to ISU, Illinois Wesleyan, State Farm HQ
• Unlimited high speed fiber optic internet (600mbps +)
• Multiple work stations – WFH friendly
• Family friendly – Pack N Play and high chair available
• Pet Friendly – up to 2 small dogs only (pet fee charge of $100 per pet per stay and an additional $25 per pet per night if staying for more than 4 nights)
• Kid/Game Room coming with an arcade table
Welcome to The Heartland, a “family friendly” Victorian home with “home away from home” comforts for your stay in the Bloomington/Normal area.
Complete with a large, outdoor patio poised under and around the original portico, enjoy the comfortable private outdoor setting that includes patio seating, a dining table, and a grill.
The Heartland is located close-in to the heart of Bloomington, perfectly situated near the campuses of Illinois Wesleyan University and Illinois State University as well as State Farm Headquarters. Whether you are in town to attend any of the numerous college activities or the numerous events in the Bloomington/Normal area, or coming “home” for family events, you are only a short drive or walk away.
Whatever your plans, make sure to take in some of the finest dining in Central Illinois, the historical venues that commemorate some of our most famous residents and guests (including Abe Lincoln, Adlai Stephenson, and the famous Route 66).
The entry into Apartment lll is just off the portico, which takes you up the staircase to the main living quarters that include a living room, full bath, kitchen/dining area, and a bedroom. The living room includes a 4 top Hi-Boy table for overflow dining capacity as well as games and conversing. A second staircase then heads up to the third floor that includes two (2) queen bedrooms as well as a third double-queen bedroom, a second living area that is being converted into a game & TV room, and a second full bathroom.
About The Heartland lll
• The patio – includes a covered conversation area with seating, a patio table (seating for 4), and a grill.
• The entry – includes ½ bath (no need to go upstairs if you’re outside)
• The Kitchen & Dining area – a compact area that includes the dining area for 7 plus the kitchen and laundry areas
• The Living Room – includes 4 top Hi-Boy tables for overflow dining & games
• Upstairs Bedroom #1 – Queen bedroom
• Upstairs Bedroom #2 – Queen bedroom – includes workstation
• Upstairs Bedroom #3 – double Queen bedroom – includes workstation
• Upstairs Full Bathroom
• Upstairs Game & Kids room
• Walk score of 98 – Daily errands do not require a car
• Parking is available on the street or driveway if driving in
• From E. Locust Street, this is a one way street going west to east, if from west turn right to N Mclean Street then turn left to E Mulberry Street then turn left to N Evans Street which is a one way street from South to North. You should see the driveway 3 blocks after.
• Guests under the age of 25 are restricted from booking an entire home if they live locally and don’t have at least 3 positive reviews
• We have great neighbors and would like to keep it that way. Please honor quiet hours from 10 pm – 8 am
• Items Left Behind: Shipping starts at $25. For bigger items, the cost may vary
• Please remember that you’re staying in a house, not a hotel. Please treat the space with respect. If any problems arise, we will do our best to take action ASAP, but there is no one living on-site 24/7
• Must have a 5-Star-Rating on Airbnb with good reviews to Insta-book is home. If not please inquire first.
• 2 pups max
• No Check In/Check Out on Thanksgiving or Christmas Day. If booked for these dates we will have to change or cancel the reservation.
Interaction with guests
I am here for your stay, but our level of interaction is up to you. I’m only a phone call/message away. You will be able to self-check in upon arrival.
• 5 mins. drive to Ozark House Restaurant
• 7 mins. drive to Bob Evans
• 4 mins. drive to Fat Jacks Bar
• 4 mins. drive to Mulligans
• Near the campuses of Illinois Wesleyan University and Illinois State University as well as State Farm Headquarters
• Electronic keypad which controls access to apartment
• Smart Locks enable the best security and allow a contactless check-in process.
• Guest will gain access to the property with a door code.
Booking this home means you give permission to the property manager to use a third-party to verify your identity and check criminal databases to confirm your reservation. Complete terms regarding the guest verification can be provided by the property manager. You may receive an email to complete your screening. Please check your spam inbox for this email and contact the property manager if you have any questions.
• Pets are allowed. Up to 2 small dogs only (20 lbs.). Please note that $100 min per pet per stay is charged, and there will be an additional charge of $25/per pet, per night if staying for more than 4 nights.
• Extra person fee (from the 8th person) is $21 per person per night
• QUIET HOURS: 10 pm -8 am
• We charge an additional fee of $250 minimum for breaking Quiet Hours from 10 pm – 8 am daily
• Please disclose if hunting and weapons will be on premises/property
• DO NOT MOVE FURNITURE, appliances, or decor from where you found it upon check-in. Outdoor furniture must be returned to its original positioning which you found upon check-in
• EARLY CHECK-INS & LATE CHECKOUTS: We do not guarantee availability. You must submit a request if you would like it. If we are able to accommodate your early check-in or late check-out request, $30 per hour will automatically be added to your reservation. Guests who stay past checkout time and did not put in a request will be charged $200 per hour, and we round up
• FOR ITEMS LEFT BEHIND: We can ship them back to you. Shipping starts at $20. Cost may vary for bigger items
• NO VAPING/SMOKING allowed whatsoever inside the property. This is strictly enforced. If cigarette butts are found inside, there will be a $250 charge for lingering interior smoke smell
• NO DRUGS: illegal drugs are strictly prohibited.
• NO UNDERAGE DRINKING.
• NO FOREIGN OBJECTS DOWN THE TOILET: Do not flush anything down the toilet except toilet paper and FLUSHABLE wipes
• PARKING: Follow parking rules as instructed.
• MINIMUM AGE to book is 25. Add-on guests under the age of 18 are welcomed if accompanied by their parent or legal guardian
• THE PRIMARY GUEST on the reservation (who submits payment) must be present for the duration of the stay
• UPDATE THE NUMBER OF GUESTS you will have to the correct amount. If you have more guests on the premises stay than you have notated in your reservation, we reserve the right through Airbnb to charge an additional amount per guest per night
• DAMAGE: Renters are 100% liable for any and all property damage, caused by themselves or guests, during their stay
• CHILDREN: While we allow children, the home is not child-proofed. Parents with younger children use the home at their own risk
• CAMERAS AND NOISE: The home contains outdoor security surveillance, a doorbell camera, and a noise-detection system
• HOUSE RULES: You are required to follow the House Rules written here and posted in the house during your stay or risk being removed from the property
• CHECKOUT PROCEDURES must be completed as written here and posted in the house
• EVENTS AND PARTIES: Due to the coronavirus pandemic, Airbnb and other booking sites have chosen to prohibit events and parties of any size. We are following suit and strictly prohibiting events or parties at this listing. Please be aware that if you book this listing and attempt to have a party or event secretively, we will report you to the booking site and you will have to deal with the consequences as they see fit. We take this very seriously and will charge an additional on top of the security deposit
GENERAL LIFE RULE: If you see it, read it; if you open it, close it; if you borrow it, return it; if you turn it on, turn it off; if you break it, fix it; if you use it, take care of it; if you make a mess, clean it up; if you move it, put it back.
For longer stays:
• There will be enough supplies for a 1-week stay
• Further communication to coordinate cleanings
• Further communication for possible to access Garage during the stay
Thank you for your cooperation.
- Guests: 10
- Bedrooms: 4
- Beds: 5
- Bathrooms: 2
- Check-in After: 04:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 11:00 AM
- Type: House
- per night: $220
- Allow additional guests: No
- Cleaning fee: $125
- Bedroom 1
- 1 Queen Bed
- Bedroom 2
- 1 Queen Bed
- Bedroom 3
- 1 Queen Bed
- Bedroom 4
- 2 Queen Bed
- Air conditioning
- Baby bath
- BBQ grill
- Bed linens
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee maker
- Dishes and silverware
- Enhanced cleaning practices
- Extra pillows and blankets
- Family/kid friendly
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free parking on premises
- Hair dryer
- High chair
- Hot water
- Laptop friendly workspace
- Long term stays allowed
- Pack ’n play/travel crib
- Patio or balcony
- Pets allowed
- Private entrance
- Smoke detector
- Stair gates
- Suitable for children (2-12 years)
- Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
- Towels provided
- Wireless Internet
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Pets allowed: Yes
- Party allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes